Hello all of you out there, or at least the couple of you that read this! I have neglected this blog for a little while, life has a way of taking over sometimes. During this strange time we all find ourselves in it seems to…
Fresh eggs from your own hens every day is wonderful! What happens when you have too many what can you do with them? I knew my friends hadn’t had a proper curry for sometime so went prepared with garam masala, turmeric and a chunk of root ginger. It turns out you can get root ginger in Italy but not the other two very easily. So the perfect solution seemed to be an egg curry. When I served this my friends went very quiet. Fortunately it was just because they were so pleased to have the proper taste of curry for the first time in ages!
- Chop an onion, garlic, root ginger and chilli into small pieces, slowly fry them in oil until the onion turns golden brown (some darker charred bits just add to the flavour so don’t panic about them being over cooked).
- Chop some courgette and potato and add to the above mix stir thoroughly and leave to cook for a minute or two.
- Then add a tin of chopped tomatoes or home made pasata (which was what I had in Italy) and a good heaped teaspoon of turmeric.
- Simmer until the veg is soft adding some water if it begins to dry out a little.
- Once cooked add garam masala, salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally add some previously prepared hard boiled eggs peeled and halved, stir gently so the eggs heat through but don’t break up.